To meet acoustic noise level requirements specified by safety agencies, many of the electronics applications have to limit the
number of fans and/or fan speed in their system. Because of that, in many cases, airflow in the electronic system is less than 400
LFM. Enzotech's new Spread pin fin heat sink is designed especially for this type of applications.
The fins of Spread pin heat sink are spread outward. It not only increases the overall surface area but also allows air to
move around the fins more easily. For systems with limited head room, Spread pin heat sink allows the use of space more
effectively than straight fin heat sinks.
With such significant increase in performance, these heat sinks can often be used to solve
challenging thermal issues that cannot be done with straight fin heat sinks in the same form factor. Their high thermal
performances enable a more compact and lighter low noise system design.
The major advantages of Spread pin forged heat sinks are:
- up to 26%-36% better performance for 60mmx60mm footprint
- full range of product lines to choose from
- may use with clip, push pin and spring wire attachment methods for extra security
- series of standard items to save tooling cost
- customize capability to meet any special needs
- available in both aluminum and copper